Applications are now open to suitably qualified candidates for Country Representative/Deputy Country Representative of One Peace World (OPW). The positions seek to recognize pragmatic youth leaders across globe in an effort to establish a peace and development.
We are one of the largest organizations of youth involved in peace building and youth leadership. We started in 2020 from Nepal to promote peace initiatives and movement in collaboration and partnership with youth of different countries. OPW works in collaboration with Global Youth Parliament, World Diplomacy forum, Global Law Thinkers Society and other international organization. The main aims of the organization are to motivate young minds in peace building, leadership, and diplomacy and community empowerment for a peaceful world. We globally conduct projects and campaigns on Peace, diplomacy, non violence to maintain peace and safe movement towards the globe by gathering awareness, empowering the youth voice and fostering peace and sustainable development.
The One Peace World (OPW) Country Representative will serve as official Representative for OPW in his/her country. The Representative shall provide technical and leadership to OPW Country Team. The primary responsibility of the Country Representative is to ensure the success of OPW with youth communities at the national level through the implementation of OPW’s core objectives. Deputy
Position: Country Representatives & Deputy Country Representative
Duration: 2 Years term (renewable once based on performance)
Job type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-Time
- As a Country Representative and in collaboration with a core group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work toward improving young people’s perception to youth education, cultural inclusion, entrepreneurship and development in the home country.
- Set up National Chapter/Branch and National Committee.
- Give appointment to active and talented young people as Youth Ambassadors in every city, state, college and university, who’ll make up local chapter/branch and local committee.
- Get full scholarship in registration fees for all One Peace World’s regional/international events as Country Representative and 70% scholarship as Deputy Country Representative (condition apply).
- Help Young Professionals reach their full potential in their chosen fields by being the voice of One Peace World and representing the Country members of the community at a national, continental and global stage.
- Work on youth and peace-related issues in own country and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other peace related organizations.
- Connect and get to know other Country Representatives and young professionals – not just at the National level but at International Level..
- Represent your home country at OPW’s Continental/International events and travel in different countries on behalf of OPW.
- Develop youths skills, knowledge and attitude to take a leadership roles.
- Share ideas and insights at OPW’s events to bring a positive contribution on your respective home country.
- Motivate other young fellows to be change makers and peace makers.
- Discover your voice and realize your ability.
- Identify own leadership strength on continental level.
- Understand the importance of credibility and living fundamental values by identifying and trying new approaches needed for growth.
- Bring an impact through your amazing work.
- Be a part of network of global change makers.
- Opportunity to work and connect with professionals, relevant institutions and young people in your country and abroad, while widening your personal and professional network.
- Certificate of recognition for the completed term of the Representative role and many title awards.
- Represent OPW at national level.
- Liaison with the government and local authorities to promote OPW’s values, mission, and vision.
- Develop a proactive marketing strategy to ensure that all entities are aware of OPW’s activities with the support of Communications Officer and other country team members.
- Effectively engage in youth community activities, projects, and initiatives.
- OPW country team comprises national volunteer officers that will be responsible for facilitation of OPW’s activities at country level. The Representative is responsible for establishing and leading this team to serve as a cooperative and interactive unit. Team development and leadership is, therefore, an important component of the OPW.
- Actively engage in Fundraising Activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives.
- Coordinate member countries/organizations/Associations accreditation at OPW, through assist in connecting youth organizations with OPW for registration.
- Liaison with donors – In close coordination with the Zonal/Regional Representative and secretariat, the Representative will maintain close cooperation with the donor representatives in the country. She/he will work closely with to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure on-going OPW functions.
- Maintain active communication among youth organizations and other interested agencies at national level.
- Report youth achievements, success stories to the OPW Secretariat.
- Provide annual report about OPW country activities, statistics, and member organizations.
- A citizen of assigned Country with age (18 to 40) years of age.
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s Degree/Masters Holder in related field.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills; Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management.
- Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnerships with national and international NGOs, etc.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
- Strong representation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning.
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Must possess the ability to lead and manage program implementation and development, knowledge Management and Learning
- Interested applicants are required to send a cover letter and CV/ Resume, Share your Facebook and LinkedIn Profile URL) to email@example.com using the Ref “Country Representative”.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org